Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pop Songs

Here are four big radio hits I've been feeling lately. Usually this style goes unnoticed by me but these ones have stood out over the past few years. Click on the title to listen. When you hear them, keep an open mind and be in a happy mood.

Natasha Bedingfield- Unwritten

I heard this song in a shampoo commercial and loved the sing-a-long gospel chorus and had to find out who it was. Turns out it was Natasha Begingfield, an English Christan singer. Super corny self empowerment lyrics but nevertheless, I like the feel good vibe of this one.

Tegan & Sara- Back in Your Head

I love eveything these ladies do, especially their last record So Jealous. The new one, The Con, isn't quite as good but the first single from it is. Amazing melodies, incredible voices, and a great structure. This tune has even found it's way into Ketamine Brother Dj sets.

Kelly Clarkson- Since U Been Gone

I'll probably be discredited by some people for including this but oh well. I got into this song because I worked on a theater production that played this before every show. There were some other songs by Ashley Simpson and KT Tunstall that grew on me too but this Clarkson tune always had me rockin when it came on. Turn it up!

Nelly Furtado- Say it Right

I got into this tune because I spent two months with a girl who listened to this all the time. Maybe I just like it because it reminds me of her. Probably not. The beat and sampled vocal bits Timbaland uses sound incredible with the moody tone of her layered voices.

No comments: